An invitation to move toward greater balance, control and participation in your life…
Worldwide, tens of thousands of people have accepted this invitation. They are a lot like you, and they’ve learned to integrate the methods developed at UMass Medical School into their everyday lives. Two decades of published research indicates that the majority of people who complete the course report:
- Lasting decreases in physical and psychological symptoms
- An increased ability to relax
- Reductions in pain levels and an enhanced ability to cope with pain that may not go away
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Improved health
- An ability to cope more effectively with stressful situations.
- The approach mindfulness-based stress reduction or MBSR…
Mindfulness is a way of learning to relate directly to whatever is happening in your life, a way of taking charge of your life, a way of doing something for yourself that no one else can do for you — consciously and systematically working with your own stress, pain, illness, and the challenges and demands of everyday life.
In contrast, you’ve probably encountered moments of “mindlessness” — a loss of awareness resulting in forgetfulness, separation from self, and a sense of living mechanically. Restoring within yourself a balanced sense of health and well being requires increased awareness of all aspects of self, including body and mind, heart and soul. Mindfulness-based stress reduction is intended to ignite this inner capacity and infuse your life with awareness.
“I’m excited, it is almost like the beginning of my life. It is like an adventure where who knows what will unfold. That is a perspective that I did not have before I came here.”
– Past Participant
Reawakening to who you already are…
Fortunately, mindfulness is not something that you have to “get” or acquire. It is already within you — a deep internal resource available and patiently waiting to be released and used in the service of learning, growing, and healing.
- Stress — job, family or financial
- Chronic pain and illness
- Anxiety and panic
- GI distress
- Sleep disturbances
- High blood pressure
They are sent by their doctors or they are self-referred. Many enroll because, although they are feeling well physically, they say the pace of their lives is “out of control” or they’re “just not feeling quite right.”
A life-affirming course in conscious living…
The course schedule consists of six weekly classes beginning 6:00 Tuesday evenings, often morning classes are available. This highly participatory, practical course includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Group dialogue and discussions aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life
- Individually tailored instruction
- Daily home assignments
- Home practice downloads and practice instruction handouts
The course is challenging and life-affirming. The instructor is accomplished and skilled at creating a safe, supportive, and deeply engaging learning environment.
More info on Mindfulness
Download Guided 10 Minute Meditation Or Play Now below
Download Guided 20 Minute Meditation Or Play Now below